Please mark your calendars for the next educational event hosted by the Virginia Chapter of IIBEC.
- 1 - 2
- Sealing Joints in the Building Envelope--Principles, Products & Practice
- Waterproofing related issues constitute the lion’s share of post-tenancy complaints and revenue disruption and are routinely the basis of construction-related lawsuits. There is a communication disconnect that often exists between the design architect responsible for selecting joint sealants and the engineers calculating joint movement. When this conversation ignores the movement capability of the product that is expected to seal the joints, failures often result. This seminar provides practical steps to avoid this and other common mistakes that affect joint sealing.
- 2:10 - 3:10
- Concrete Protection
- The leading cause of concrete deterioration on building and garage structures is corrosion of the steel reinforcement resulting in a diminished appearance, liability concern, and expensive repairs. Learn the root causes of corrosion, how to evaluate the existing conditions, and to select the optimal protection from inhibitors to sealers to coatings to keep your structure safe, appealing, and free from corrosion damage.
- 3:20 - 4:50
- Electronic Leak Detection & the Use of Primer
- This presentation will cover Electronic Leak Detection (ELD) testing methods used for quality assurance of roofing and waterproofing membranes. Participants will learn about the principles outlined in the ASTM Standard Guide D7877 and ASTM Standard Practice D8231 and will be able to identify which assemblies are compatible with electronic testing and active monitoring.
- 5:30 - 7:00
- Happy Hour
- Join us after the presentation for networking and beverages at Veil Brewing in Scott's Addition